Top 7 Powerful Strategies To Build Your ListBy Trent Brownrigg
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
If you have been an internet marketer, or had any type of online home based business, for more than a few days, then you will no doubt have heard someone say, "if you want to make money online, you have to build an opt-in list."
Take that advice very seriously, because it’s true! It took me a long time to finally let the list building advice sink in, so I didn’t start doing it until I had my home business for quite a while. However, once I started building my list, I realized just how important it truly is. My only regret now is that I didn’t start a lot sooner.
There are numerous ways to build an opt-in list. However, some are much more effective than others. So, I decided to share seven of the most powerful strategies to build a targeted opt-in list.
Here are seven tips for building your opt-in list, in no particular order:
- Free Newsletter – Offering a free newsletter from your website is one of the most common, and effective ways to build an opt-in list. It is also one of the best strategies for building trusting relationships with your list.
Pack your newsletter full of useful information, free resources, tips, tools, and anything else your subscriber list will be interested in. Also, be sure to make it fun and add your personality to it. Then your subscribers will enjoy reading it and get to know you at the same time.
- Make It Easy to Subscribe – To maximize your newsletter sign-ups, you must also have a quick and easy way for people to subscribe to it. The best way to do this is to put a simple form on the top part of the left hand column of your websites home page, and all other pages, if possible.
Put a quick sentence or two telling them why your newsletter would benefit them (i.e. freebies, resources, tips, tools, etc…) then have a way for them to add their email address and name below it. This simple form will bring in a lot of your subscriber list.
- Quality Content – Packing your website full of quality content will bring in a lot of visitors. Many of these visitors will then subscribe to your newsletter. Your list will grow naturally and so will your search engine rankings, which will bring even more visitors who can join your list. It will eventually turn into a list building, money making cycle.
- Forums – There are literally thousands of forums and discussion boards on the internet where people go to discuss all sorts of things and ask questions. All you have to do is find forums related to your particular business and particpate in the discussion.
Most of the forums allow you to put a signature line under your post, which is where you can put a link to your subscription information. Do not spam the forums in any way. Make absolutely certain you offer legitimate posts, with useful information, or you will ruin your reputation in no time.
- Write Articles – This is well-known technique for establishing yourself as an expert in your field and getting inbound links to your site. Furthermore, it is just as effective for building your opt-in list. All you have to do it put a link to your newsletter subscription in the byline of the article and submit the article to websites, directories, and ezines.
I think writing articles is actually one of the best ways to build your list because the readers already see you as an expert. They will think of you as a knowledgeable individual and someone they can trust before they even join your list. Profits will roll in much faster from these subscribers.
- Co-Registration – This is something you may have never even heard of, but it is used by many top internet marketers to build huge lists in a very short amount of time. I actually first learned of this list building technique after reading an article from one of the top marketing experts on the internet.
Rather than go on about what co-registration lists are, instead I am going to simply tell you that they are a very effective way to build a monster list in a short amount of time. You can find my recommended co-registration service at http://work-at-home-jobs-iowa.com/nlb.html . At their website you will be able to learn more about what co-registration lists are and how they work.
- Write an E-book – Internet marketers are always looking for freebies to give away on their websites, as bonuses for purchases, and to send to their lists. This is a great opportunity for you to build your own list. All you have to do is write an e-book and let other internet marketers give it away.
The e-book doesn’t have to be anything too elaborate; you can just make it a collection of your best articles, business tips, and business resources. Of course, you will put links to your newsletter subscription and website. Then, give it away, and watch it turn into a viral list building machine.
There you have it, seven powerful strategies that are sure to build your opt-in list. Putting these list building strategies into play as soon as possible will quickly sky-rocket your list numbers, and increase your profits, more than you could have ever imagined.
Trent Brownrigg is a successful internet marketer and home business mentor. Visit his website at http://www.work-at-home-jobs-iowa.com and he will personally help you succeed with your own home business. You can subscribe to his “Biz Tips Newsletter” by sending a blank email to: workathomebiz [at] aweber [dot] com
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: November 14, 2004