Top 7 Reasons Why People Don't Buy From YouBy Larry Dotson
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- You don't make people feel safe when they order. Remind people that they are ordering through a secure server. Tell them you won't sell their email address and that all their information will be kept confidential.
- You don't make your ad copy attractive. Your ad lists features instead of benefits. The headline does not attract your target audience. You don't list any testimonials or "guarantees included" in your ad.
- You don't remind people to come back and visit. People usually don't purchase the first time they visit. The more times they visit your site, the greater the chance they will buy. The most effective way is to give them a free subscription to your ezine.
- You don't let people know anything about your business. They will feel more comfortable if they know who they are buying from. Publish a section called "About Us" on your Web site. Include your business history, profile of employees, contact information, etc.
- You don't give people as many ordering options as possible. Accept credit cards, checks, money orders, and other forms of electronic payments. Take orders by phone, email, Web site, fax, mail, etc.
- You don't make your Web site look professional. You want to have your own domain name. Your Web site should be easy to navigate through. The graphics should be related to the theme of your Web site.
- You don't let people read your ad before they get your freebie. When you use free stuff to lure people to your Web site, include it below your ad copy or on another Web page. If you list the freebie above your ad, they may never look to see what you're selling.
Today's Top7Business article was submitted by Larry Dotson.
1075 FREE Internet Marketing eBooks, Courses, And Web Books! FREE Content For Your eBook, Web Site Or E-zine! http://www.ldpublishing.com
Article Submitted On: February 24, 2000