Top 7 Ways To Complete Your ErrandsBy Debra Bailey
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
In today’s world it seems that our “to do” list just keeps getting longer not shorter! From running to the bank, grocery shopping, home improvement store, picking up and dropping off the kids and not to mention all the unplanned emergencies that come up it’s no wonder you don’t get everything done! Here are a few that should get you pointed in the right direction.
- Most importantly make a list! It’s as simple as that old saying… “Fail to plan, plan to fail”.
- Cluster your errands. If today is the day you do your grocery shopping look at your list of other places you need to be and plan accordingly? You can swing by the post office, drop off the dry cleaning and then go to the grocery store so that you are completing multiple errands on one trip.
- Create a Grand Central Station. Always have one central location, probably nearest the door you enter and exit most often, where you will leave items you need for the next day or week. This is also a great way to keep up with your keys and cell phone.
- Leave five minutes early to or from work. Plan to leave a few minutes early in the morning so you can complete one of your weekly errands.
- Coordinate with your team or family. If someone else is going to be near the same area then ask a team or family member to complete a simple errand.
- Lunch time is a great time to make a simple trip. You’re going to go out for lunch anyway so why not complete one of your errands then, plus everyone else is eating at a restaurant so the mall will be less crowded.
- Best of all work with stores that deliver, that way it’s someone else’s errand to worry about!
Debra Bailey, of Bailey Solutions, owns a successful personal concierge and consulting business beautiful Austin Texas.
Bailey solutions is proficient in everything from helping with the simplest errands, to life coaching and small business consulting.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Time-Mastery Category:
Article Submitted On: October 04, 2007
Want To Read More Expert Business Articles Like This?
Join The Free Top7Business Email Alert Today:
© 1998 -
Top7Business.com. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Reproduction without permission prohibited.