Top 7 Tips For Planning A Class ReunionBy Robert Hirscheimer
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
If you are in charge of planning your high school reunion you will need to be armed with some important information in order to make the event a success without breaking the bank. Read the top 7 tips below for planning a successful reunion and the bonus tip which will guarantee that your class reunion will be a success.
- When negotiating rates for anything, refer to the class reunion as a reception. If the vendor hears class reunion they automatically mark things up more.
- Find a point of leverage for every vendor. Maybe it is the time of year, week, day when they are less busy and more prone to giving a discount.
- Offer to promote the vendor's business in all communication with invitees in exchange for a small discount.
- Email a few vendors at once and request a bid. By letting them see that there are others bidding, they will give you their best rate. Then send them back an email saying they are not the lowest bidder. They may go even further to get your business, by lowering the price or adding value to their offer.
- Have a friend act as the DJ or photographer. This will save you a lot of money and there usually is not a huge difference in the quality of a layman or a professional.
- Put disposable cameras on all the tables and ask everyone to take pictures of each other.
- Check references before hiring any vendors and read the fine print of the contract.
To make your job of planning your class reunion easier, create a website that will act as a communications hub for the reunion. A high school reunion website will get the word out, create a buzz and make it easy to communicate all the important reunion details to all your classmates. You will also be able to collect money and gather everyone's information with an easy to build class reunion website that anyone can build with no skills whatsoever.
Robert Hirscheimer is the President of http://Myevent.com the #1 website builder on the Internet. http://www.myevent.com allows anyone to create an incredible website with no skills for any event. There are special features for Class Reunion Websites, Family Reunion websites, Wedding Websites, or a website for any event. To create a website for a class reunion go to http://www.reunions.myevent.com and start a 7 day free trial with no credit card required. The cost is only $9.95 after the free trial.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Innovation Category:
Article Submitted On: February 27, 2006
Want To Read More Expert Business Articles Like This?
Join The Free Top7Business Email Alert Today:
© 1998 -
Top7Business.com. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Reproduction without permission prohibited.