HOME::Attraction & Abundance
Top 7 Ways to Gain Instant Credibility
By Lee McCaskill
[ Print |
Email This |
- Write a book. There is something that you know better than anyone. Even if you self-publish, an "authored-by" credit will make you stand out as an expert.
- Submit a professional article to your industry’s trade publication. Write about new a technology solution or express your views on a trend. Check with the editor about submission guidelines to increase your chances of being published.
- Teach a class. Volunteer at your local business college, or sponsor a series of seminars on your own.
- Give a speech. Contact your Chamber of Commerce about speaking opportunities in your area of expertise. Polish your presentation skills with your local chapter of Toast Masters.
- Invent something. Attach your name to a useful new product or process. Issue a press release about it.
- Respond to every media mention of your industry with a letter to the editor expressing your take on the story.
- Mentor someone. Providing the benefit of your expertise to newcomers in your industry will cast you as the acknowledged subject-matter authority.
Today's Top7Business Was Submitted By: Lee McCaskill
Lee McCaskill is a professional business writer and public relations professional providing powerful, persuasive copy to corporations and non-profits. Learn more business writing tips and get a free sentence makeover at www.abizwriter.com [http://www.abizwriter.com].
A Business Writing Service
Article Submitted On: October 08, 1998