Top 7 Ways to Avoid Procrastination in Your Speaking Career
By Sandra Schrift
[ Print |
Email This |
The formula for Success - Have a passion for what you speak on. Master your delivery. And be very persistent about what you need to do to be a speaker in this multi billion dollar industry.
- To begin - Practice the four D's: Drop, Delay, Delegate Do!! Make the space for taking the steps needed to pursue your speaking career.
- Acknowledge and utilize your prime time (Chronobiology) . Use your peak working hours to develop and collect your material, listen to tapes, hear other speakers, view videos, etc.
- Visualize your speech and break through your nervousness. See it...Feel it...Allow it to happen.
- Get away from "woulda, coulda, shoulda" thinking. Don't wait for the perfect time - just DO IT!! Remember: There is no right time to begin your speaking career.
- Take one step at a time - the first step is the hardest. Then - do what is needed to package yourself and improve your delivery constantly.
- Set time limits - you don't have to do it all in one month...or even one year.
- Don't do it alone - company makes it more fun!! Hire a Coach now and cut your learning curve.
Today's Top7Business Was Submitted By Sandra Schrift.
Sandra Schrift was a 13 year owner of a National, Professional Speakers Bureau and now is a Career Coach to emerging and experienced speakers. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit her website at http://www.schrift.com.
Speakers University teleclasses begin with a FREE introductory session on May 25. Check website for details.
Article Submitted On: April 30, 1999