HOME::Career & Employment
Top 7 Ways To Show Your Appreciation To An Employee
By Chris Widener
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- Treat them with equality as people. They are only employees in regard to their role at work.
- Find out what they enjoy outside of work and reward them with something that fulfills that joy. If they like the theater, get them tickets.
- Give them an unexpected raise.
- Tell them verbally how much you appreciate them. Be specific as in "I really think you did a great job with the Jones account."
- Tell someone else how much you appreciate that person, while that person is in the room. "Bob, I want you to know what a great job Mike did at the presentation yesterday."
- Show up at 9 am and tell them you are giving them the day off. And give them fifty bucks to spend.
- Ask them what greater responsibility they would like to try. Then let them try it.
Chris Widener is the President of American Community Business Network, a weekly newsletter for businesses. We are looking for people who would like to join our team and make money distributing our newsletter in their town.
Chris can be reached at .
Article Submitted On: August 05, 1998