Top 7 Ways To Remove The Obstacles That Get In The Way Of Your Growth
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Start by listing at least 101 things that are stopping you from obtaining the success or achievement you desire. If these items are not identified and in print, how can you focus on eliminating them?
- Have your Employees, Clients, and Close Business Friends help you identify your "obstacles to success list". They will have perspectives you may not have imagined.
- Now, delegate to your staff all that you can. Create positions if you have to, in order to get the majority of the actual execution of the removal of the road blocks off your "time-back".
- Enlist your competitors to help you. You may find that your focus is too wide, and that maybe your competitors would want to buy or assist you in some areas, so you can narrow your focus.
- Break down your 101 obstacles list into sub sections. Take those sub sections and plaster them on your office walls. Take action daily to remove them. By having them on your walls, you will allow your mind to focus proper attention to eliminate them.
- Automate everything you can, so that more of your time can be devoted to removing road blocks and building bridges. Use Cell or PCS phones, Notebook PC's, your office PC, voice mail, Email, Fax, contact management software, or your virtual assistant to automate your business life.
- For each of the 101 road blocks that you defined, come up with at least 7 ways each can be solved. Don't worry if your solution is silly or far fetched, because through creativity and innovation, if you will allow your mind to not be focused on traditional limits, and you may be surprised how this one simple and effective exercise can move your success forward faster than any mountain of raw action that you can take.
Article Submitted On: June 08, 1998