Top 7 Ways To Optimize Sales From Trade Shows & Save Money
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- Surveys show that 75% of all literature taken from trade shows is tossed before it is even read, so stop taking gobbs of literature, or lighten the load, and only give brief overviews flyers.
- Make sure you do a pre-trade show promo flyer or postcard, giving everyone who counts in your prospect/customer universe a heads up.
- Create a REASON why they should visit your booth. Everyone needs to know WHY they should do business with you. Tie this in with your USP (Unique Selling Proposition).
- Plan at least 45-90 days BEFORE the event, not the week before.
- Assign and delegate the duties of your trade show's responsibilities, so that it doesn't all fall on one persons shoulders for success.
- Know your outcome and write it down, before you even decide to attend or exhibit at any trade show. Clarity has power.
- Trade shows are a great reason to kick off a new product, a new service, a new twist on a old product, and give your prospect another reason to come and visit you.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Selling-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: March 27, 1998