HOME::Self-Help / Self-Improvement
Top 7 Ways To Manage The Stresses of Working In Business
By Stan Popovich
[ Print |
Email This |
Stress and anxiety are very common when you work in business. As a result, here are 7 steps that a business person can use to help manage their daily stresses and anxieties.
- Take a deep breath and try to find something to do for a few minutes to get their mind off of the problem. A person could take a walk, listen to some music, read the newspaper or do an activity that will give them a fresh perspective on things.
- When facing a current or upcoming task at your job that overwhelms you with a lot of anxiety, divide the task into a series of smaller steps and then complete each of the smaller tasks one at a time. Completing these smaller tasks will make the stress more manageable and increases your chances of success.
- Remember that no one can predict the future with one hundred percent certainty. Even if the thing that you feared does happen there are circumstances and factors that you can’t predict which can be used to your advantage.
- Take it one day at a time. While the consequences of a particular fear may seem real, there are usually other factors that cannot be anticipated and can affect the results of any situation. Get all of the facts of the situation and use them to your advantage.
- Use a small notebook of positive statements that makes you feel good. Whenever you come across an affirmation that makes you feel good, write it down in a small notebook that you can carry around with you in your pocket. Whenever you feel depressed, open up your small notebook and read those statements.
- Get advice from your friends. It is important to consider other viewpoints other than your own. Ask your friends and relatives on what they think that you should do. These people know you and they can give you additional insights that you may be overlooking.
- Take advantage of the help that is available around you. If possible, talk to a professional who can help you manage your fears and anxieties. They will be able to provide you with additional advice and insights on how to deal with your current problem.
Stan Popovich is the author of http://www.managingfear.com
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Self-Help Category:
Article Submitted On: January 03, 2013