Unfortunately, too many people use Google AdSense on their blogs. 9 times out of 10, they won't even generate enough revenue to get their first paycheck - Google requires you earn $100 before they send you a paycheck. That means you need thousands and thousands of clicks to generate enough revenue to make it a worthwhile venture.
To start breaking out bloggers from the AdSense craze, here is a list of 7 ways you can profit from your blog without using AdSense:
- Become an affiliate marketer. Sign up at ClickBank.com for free and find a product to promote on your blog that your audience will be interested in. If you have a large readership, this is a great way to go.
- Sell Text Links. Allow people to contact you to put a link on your website to theirs. If you have a PR4 or above website, your links are valuable, and you can get hundreds of dollars monthly to sell them. Just make a note about it in your blog.
- Offer your services. Everyone is good at something. Talk about what you can offer people in your blog for a small fee - heck, offer to make some blog postings for someone else.
- Sell your own advertising. Create a short ad in your Navbar promoting a service or product. If your blog is popular, people will jump on this offer.
- Sell something odd or unique on eBay, and link to it from your blog. This will get buzz going and you'll profit immensely just by being original.
- Compile all of your blog postings over the last year and make a PDF file out of it. Sell the PDF using Paypal, and add "Editor's Notes" to your old postings.
- Sell your blog. Build up a huge readership, then sell it to a third party. A high traffic blog pays very well.
Matt Rhodes is the Editor and Webmaster of Blogging Money Maker, a blog that reveals FREE articles, tips and tricks about how to make money blogging. Go to http://bloggingmoneymaker.blogspot.com!