Top 7 Ways To Establish Good Rapport With Customers
By Nader Iznait
[ Print |
Email This |
Have you ever wondered why some people are more comfortable to be with than others? Well so have a lot of behavioral scientists, and they have discovered a number of specific kinds of behavior that contribute to establishing a personal rapport. Here are seven reasons to establish the rapport.
- Smile sincerely –not false, paste-on smile, but one that starts with your eyes.
- Keep a relaxed, open stance.
- Lean slightly toward the customer, being careful not to invade his personal space.
- Maintain eye contact. You will be considered more confident, honest, and knowledgeable by customers.
- Occasionally touch the person in nonthreatening manner.
- Know the customer’s name and use it when speaking with him.
- Subtly mirror the customer behavior. Match his rate of breathing; speak at his rate of speech and in his tone of voice. Assume a posture similar to his and use similar body language. We all relate to those feel are like us.
Nader Iznait - Technical Consultant for IT, Business Management and Marketing.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: May 23, 2007