Top 7 Ways To Drive Your Sales Through The Roof
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- Hire salespeople who love to sell. Fire anyone on your sales team who isn't passionate about closing a sale. Life is too short to keep sales team members who do not belong in sales.
- Most businesses claim that "word of mouth" is responsible for 90% of their sales when they first started. Yet, after 3-5 years in business, most businesses do NOT have an official "Word Of Mouth" program designed to reward existing clients for cheerleading for you!
- Create a one-page marketing flyer for each major product you sell. Give the reasons WHY a prospective client will benefit from what you sell.
- Make it easier to do business with you. Accept all major credit cards - whether your competition does or not.
- Fire any sales manager who is not pulling his or her own weight. If you do this, replace this person with the next most eager young person who is out to prove him/herself - then teach them the ropes.
- Instead of spending 100% of your promotion budget on EXTERNAL promotions - change this to spending 70% on external and 30% of your promotion budget on INTERNAL promotions/contests to help keep your employees motivated & excited to help you earn more sales.
- At the time of sale, once your client has made the "buy" decision, offer them ANYTHING additional to add to their smart purchasing decision. You will find that up to 30% will buy on impulse.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Selling-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: February 16, 1998