Top 7 Useful Tips to Lower Your Blood Pressure
By Grojan Fabiola
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
Although they say that preventing is by far better than curing, one still has to cope with the problems of high blood pressure when faced with them. The following are a set of well fundamented suggestions appliable to both the suffering and the healthy one in order to lower the blood pressure in his body. This not a drug based treatment, but merely natural principles that go with any medicine your doctor prescribes.
- Anyone who is seeking to lower his blood pressure should first consider stopping smoking. The carve for nicotine can be reduced by eating sunflower seeds, and nettle and oat infusion is also widely recognized as a great help. You should also try to quit smoking not all of a sudden, but do it gradually, in the course of 4 to 6 weeks.
- Another good way to lower blood pressure is to consume a lot of seaweeds. They are great because of their special property to lower the blood pressure by leveling the concentration of triglycerides, phospholipids and colesterols.
In addition to this, seaweeds contain substances that dissolve the 'fatty build-ups' on the blood vessels, helping to create a steady heart beat.
- Beta-carotens do miracles when it comes to cutting the risk of a stroke attack, so foods with a high concentration of such compounds should definitely be part of your regular diet. Some of the most common examples are carrots, cabbage, dark leafy greens, apricots, winter squash and sweet potatoes. Natural food does play an important role in lowering blood pressure.
- Garlic is yet another remedy Mother Nature offers, very benefic for lowering the blood pressure. In addition to its other good effects on health, studies state that garlic has the abilities to reduce phospholipids and cholesterol, increasing immunity of the organism and reducing chances of strokes. So, the advice is to eat several garlic cloves a day, raw or lightly cooked for lowering blood pressure
- Choosing food low in salts and sodium is crucial for lowering blood pressure. Most Americans today are accustomed with high salted food when in fact the dosage recommended is an average of 2.5 grams of sodium per day. This roughly equals 6 grams of table salt, almost a teaspoon. In order for the lowering blood pressure system to give good results it is indicate to consume less high salted foods.
- Lemon blam tea is sure to strengthen your heart by lowering blood pressure. Just have some cups of it daily or simply add its fresh leaves to whatever food or drink you are having. Try adding such leaves in your wine and better still in your salads.
- Being in the standards of the BMI (body mass index) really helps control the blood pressure. This means that an obese person getting fat is increasing the risk of having high blood pressure, but also that an underweight person gaining healthy weight is actually diminishing his chances of a heart stroke. Even if it does seem to be an elementary concern, take this advice into consideration: do keep a closer look on your body mass!
This medical article has been written by Groshan Fabiola. She is a professional writer since 1990, writing many article on various domain from agriculture finance to web development or web research, but now aiming only on health related articles. So if you want to find more about how to lower blood pressure please visit this web site.
Article Submitted On: October 09, 2005