Top 7 Tips for Taking Better Vacation Photos
By Kristin Martori
[ Print |
Email This |
A family vacation or a romantic getaway with your sweetie is a time to be remembered. Bringing a digital camera along is just one way to make your memories stick. Whether you are taking digital photos of the Leaning Tower of Pisa or of the Caribbean Sea, you are going to want to make sure your vacation photos are the best they can be.
- Plan photography into your trip
• Research various photo books of the places where you will be traveling, and decide which photos you want to use to make your memories. Then choose the best time of day for these photos – sunset or sunrise both offer the most flattering light.
- Choose uncluttered backgrounds
• Trying to get as much into the shot as you can is great – just make sure other people an buildings don’t take away the integrity of your photo.
- Use people to show scale
• What looks dramatic in person may not look that way once the photo is framed. Use people in the foreground or off to the side to show perspective and create a more dramatic effect.
- Capture color
• Vivid colors make your photos stand out. Always be prepared to take a gorgeous picture of bright sailboats or the brightly painted houses in the Caribbean, or of the landscape in a national forest.
- Change your perspective
• Don’t be afraid to crouch or lay down to take a more interesting shot with your digital camera. These shots are more dramatic and can bring back fun memories of a trip from a different point of view.
- Adjust to the light
• Avoid harsh shadows at the beach by shooting on cloudy days, in shade, or at sunrise or sunset. You can also use your flash when shooting into the sunlight to lessen the strong shadows on faces or other objects in the shot.
- Bring your camera along for the ride
• Be sure to catch all the action and relive the days of theme park fun by taking photos on the swings, the rollercoaster or the Ferris wheel. But be careful, if you don’t have a wrist strap for your camera, now is the time to get one!
For more tips on how to take better vacation photos, visit the HP Digital Photography photo tips page.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Success-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: December 10, 2007