Top 7 Tips To Generate Sales From A Trade Show
By Martien Eerhart
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- Qualify the prospect at the event. Ask questions in what they are looking for in a product or service.
- Ask "Are you shopping for price or value?" Make a note on the back of his/her business card as to the level of interest he/she has.
- How would you like to be contacted? It is amazing how many people walk away after they express interest and take your literature without leaving their business card.
- Gain visibility. The number one way to attract attention according to research by Global Gateway (1999) is balloons. Somehow that attracts more people to your booth.
- Maintain an open posture by standing next to the table or in front of it (don't put this barrier between you and you visitor).
- Who was your gym teacher in seventh grade? What was your English teacher's name that year? If you are like 81 percent of the population, you remember the gym teacher but not the English teacher. Why? The first one involved action and activity. Apply this rule to your booth. Have people take a golf swing or do something active so they remember you!
- Greet them. When people walk by, make eye contact and greet them. If you really want to impress them, look at their name tag and greet them by name! If they are somewhat interested, they'll approach you more readily.
Check for upcoming seminars by Martien Eerhart at
www.developmoresales.com or call (508) 432-2968
Subscribe to FREE Selling Skills & Motivation newsletter:
send a blank email to
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Selling-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: December 08, 2000