Top 7 Things To Include In Your "Sig File"
By Ted Holmes
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
What should you put in your Sig file?
There are a few basic "musts" if you plan on using your Sig file for advertising. If you want them to work like a magnet, make sure you include:
- Your name
- Your email address (Important! add the "mailto:" prefix)
- The name of your company
- Your web address (URL) Important! Add the "http://" prefix
- A precise description of your products or services
- State the benefit or your product or service
- An auto response address
Autoresponders: Automated Email responses to a request. The Internet equivalent to Fax-back without long-distance charges. (All of these tutorials are available by autoresponder.)
Other creative possibilities:
- A 1-800 number: A wonderful idea, but know up front that a lot of 800 numbers are not accessible from some other countries. Still, one could be used effectively.
- A free offer: If you can offer something free, do so. People like free things, and they are powerful "pullers".
How about something a little fancy?
__/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/
You can use something like this to provide
A fancy border. Just remember, fancy borders
Can cut down on the amount of space you have
Left to convey your message.
__/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/ __/
Free E-Book Available by Autoresponder "Building Your Business in Your
Bathrobe" by Ted Holmes Brimming with ways to Grow Your Business Online
Then check your Email in 2 minutes
Warm regards, Ted Holmes
Article Submitted On: March 07, 1999