Top 7 Things To Include In Your Companies Ezine (Email Newsletter)
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Be BENEFIT oriented. Remember that your reader is and will only tune into their own self desires, and could care less about things that do not directly benefit them or their life.
- Resources: Give some URL's of websites that will add value or compliment your Emails topic.
- Have a central theme for each Ezine, so that your articles or thoughts & resources center around reinforcing your central idea or topic for that Email newsletter.
- Keep blatant promotions towards the bottom of your Ezine, and make sure the special offers are relevant to what your newsletter is about.
- Make sure you do_not_send HTML, enriched, stylized text of any sort, or you will look like a fool.....unless you start your list as a 100% HTML formatted email only. My point: Lowest common denominator rules.
- Have folks on your staff contribute articles to one person, who you assign to be the Ezine editor, who will coordinate all of them.
- Copyright notice, plus this one little line, will add 30% new subscribers to your list without extra cost or effort:
"If you find this information valuable, please pass it on to a friend."
Article Submitted On: March 13, 1998