Top 7 Techniques To Test Your Marketing
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- First, recognize that you MUST test your marketing, or you will never fully realize the full profit potential in your marketing efforts.
- If you're using the paper medium for marketing, use coupons with short expiration dates, so that you can track its effictiveness.
- If you're using the TV or Radio medium for marketing, use a special phone number, where you can track incoming calls from the ads. This costs much less than you think to track.
- If you're using the Web medium for marketing, use ad tracking software such as centralad.com, or even simple free CGI scripts which can track click throughs. Also, some studies show, that 44% of the effectiveness of a web ad, is NOT related to click through, but rather the visual eyeball impressions. I like to believe in sales which are paid for in cash/credit cards are the best determiner of my marketing effectiveness.
- If you're using the Email medium for marketing, use a separate Email alias for each promotion, and filter them to easily track response. This is SO cheap, and easy, but it blows my mind how many don't do it!
- TEST IDEA: Change the headline of your ad.
- TEST IDEA: Make certain your marketing materials or exposure campaign IS in fact, reaching your core target audience.
- My most effective marketing, has been when my message or offer, is reaching folks who have a RECENT HISTORY of buying my exact same product. So, when researching *WHO* to market to, buy, trade, or build your marketing list around folks who are already buying your product or service, and HAVE bought it recently, like over the last 6 months or less.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: April 30, 1998