Top 7 Strategies To Leverage More Business From Existing Customers
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- ASK THEM FOR IT. When did you last? Pretty simple, eh?
- Give them something, which adds value to what they already bought, and encourages them to buy more.
- My 30-30-30 RULE: At the point of sale, after the customer has given you the YES signal and you have closed them, ask them to buy a complimentary product right then and there. 30% will say YES. Then, 30 days later, ask all of your customers who just bought, to buy again another complimentary product. 30% will say YES. Using my 30-30-30 rule, you can increase your sales 60% immediately at NO to very little extra cost, as long as you understand, that you will be told NO 140% more.
- Instead of giving them free information, write a book or booklet, and sell this to your existing base, even if you're not a author or writer, who cares. If its valuable, they'll buy it and you'll have another revenue stream.
- Throw a Party! Invite them in. Law of reciprocity will encourage them to want to buy more or refer their friends.
- Re-package your product into larger quantities. This will increase your average ticket, resulting in more business from same customer. Example: Bottle of Pepsi, instead of Can, gets them 20¢ more.
- Ask for referrals. You will NOT get good referrals without asking for them. When was the last time you asked?
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Selling-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: May 07, 1998