Top 7 Steps to Success in Affiliate Marketing
By Curtis Sexton
[ Print |
Email This |
Consider this a short guide outlining the specific steps you can take to help you succeed at home with affiliate marketing. There are affiliate programs for almost any product or service you can think of so do some research and find one that is right for you. If you have a passion for your product niche it will be a whole lot easier to stay motivated and be successful.
- Build your own website to promote your product: You will need to build a website with your own domain name (ie. homeworksolutions.biz) and pay a monthly fee for hosting as opposed to going the free route and sharing a domain (ie. yourname.homeworksolutions.biz) This gives you a much better chance of getting your website recognized in the search engines. If you don't know much about web design that's quite ok. You will find there are lots of companies out there who offer very affordable website design.
- Start a reciprocal linking campaign: Start exchanging links with other websites in your niche. You will find lots of webmasters willing to add a link to your website as long as you return the favor. The more websites that link to you, the higher page rank you will have in the search engines, therefore leading to more traffic to your website.
- Start your own newsletter: The newsletter can simply consist of articles related to your products and website. Always add a signature containing a link to your website at the bottom of each newsletter entry. That way when people read your articles they can continue on to your website. If you don't want to write your own articles, there are many webmasters who will let you use theirs for free. Submit your newsletter to as many websites as you can.
- Build an Email List: Owning your own email list is one of the most important tools you can have as an affiliate marketer. The best way to build your list is to buy leads, that way you don't have to worry about getting in trouble for spamming. Lots of companies sell quality leads (email addresses) consisting of people who have requested information about your products. With every lead you buy you can in turn sign them up for your newsletter. NOTE: An auto responder program can make the process of buying leads and signing them up for your newsletter completely automated. You can save hours of time with this approach.
- Write your own Articles: To be successful with affiliate marketing you will eventually have to write an article or two. This may sound a bit overwhelming in the beginning, but after you have been building your business for awhile you will get into it. Always include a signature at the bottom of the article containing your website link. Then post your article on as many websites as you can. A search for 'article directories' in any search engine will give you lots of places to start.
- Add an Article page to your website: Post all of your articles on this page and any others you find related to your niche. Having an article page will add content to your website and will help with your page rank. Search engines like Google and Yahoo love websites with lots of relevant content.
- Join an Online Forum: Becoming a member in a forum is a great way to stay current with the products in your niche. Talking with fellow entrepreneurs will keep you motivated and help generate new ideas as well as answer all your questions.
Curtis Sexton is the founder of HomeWorkSolutions offering home business ideas and opportunities to the beginner entrepreneur. If you would like to learn more about the ideas discussed above, contact me or visit my website:
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: February 24, 2005