Top 7 Silly Things Entrepreneurs Do That Destroys Their Business
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- Start more projects than they possibly have time to complete, resulting in a lack of focus.
- Fail to delegate.
- Forget to start with the end goal in mind. While its great to be in business, it helps if you know where you are going or at least have a written road map idea or direction planed out.
- Napkin business plans: While its ok to scribble your biz plan on a napkin, its better to have a semi-formal written plan of attack, so that you're able to stay focused. I hate business plans like the next person, but without them, you may be doomed to be small time.
- Tripping on their own Ego. Being an entrepreneur, requires a certain level of humility and lack of ego to get things done and done profitably. Leave the ego at the door.
- Forgetting to take care of the details. Remember that you become successful ONE brick at time, when building the house of your success.
- Begin to think they know what their customers want without asking them. We do not have the right to 'assume' we know what our clients want or like, and MUST ask them periodically what is important to them, in order to keep our own success in track.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Leadership Category:
Article Submitted On: June 25, 1998