Top 7 Sales Closes For Increasing Your Closure Ratio
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Start by just plain old ASKING FOR THE ORDER. Remember 70% of sales folks NEVER ask for the order. Start here.
- The Choice Close: ex: "Would you like product A or do you think product B is better for you?" Either way, they buy.
- ABC (Always Be Closing) with Trial closes. First find out what is important to your prospect/client, and then keep asking them questions which help them discover which of your services or products is/are right for them.
- Take-A-Way Close: ex: "I'm not sure we're right for you, uhmm, no, I don't think you could possible benefit from our product, even if the last 1000 folks are totally satisfied and are achieving the benefits you were seeking also." nahhh... ;-)
- Benefits or Ben Franklin Close: Add up the benefits they will receive, and help the customer understand that the benefits far out-weigh whatever objections the client has brought up.
- Christopher Knight Close: Let the customer close themself . My job as a sales machine, is to help my clients get what they want, assuming I've already qualified them, and I know I can help them, I simply listen, offer suggestions, ask questions, and 90%+ of the time, no close is necessary, because they are asking me how they can pay for it before I have to ask if they want to buy . Consider this one a soft close.
- Assumption Close: Just write up the order, once you get the nod or other obvious 'buy' signals from the customer, and ask how they'd like to receive the product or what quantity.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Selling-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: February 26, 1998