Top 7 Rules When Using Affinity Marketing To Build Your Business
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
Affinity Marketing is when you develop programs which leverage other parties to help you promote or build your business in exchange for value in some form.
- Once you've decided to offer an affinity marketing program, get started immediately. Don't wait till you have all of the tiny details worked out, before you get started, just get started.
- At least spend a few hours laying the program out in writing, and pass it around your office, to get input and perfect your offering.
- Once you start a program, even if it doesn't produce immediate results, remember that it is CRUCIAL to maintain the confidence of the new partners you have recruited to assist you, just as if they were a customer, and not just another vendor.
- If your going to do this in a big way, then obviously you will have a staff focused to this end, but if you're going to just give this marketing method a try, make sure you assign someone the ultimate responsibility for being in charge of your affinity marketing program, so anyone who has a question can go to this person. Your program will fall apart if no one is responsible for it, when there is a question.
- Give your affinity marketing participants a "membership feel" and encourage them to compare notes with others who are having success while helping you build your business.
- Increase the amount of feedback and information flow to your participants, which will increase their confidence that you have your "act together".
- Name your program. Give it a brand. This will strengthen your perceived strength and therefore confidence.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: May 25, 1998