Top 7 Rules Of Email List Advertising Success
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- Create a sponsors list that you send a monthly update on the performance, demographics, site traffic, ad specials & rate information, and new sites within your project or new sponsorship opportunities for advertisers.
- Package it. Create 3 or 4 specials. Bundle exposure paks for your list, so that it's easy for an advertiser to CHOOSE which plan looks best for them. This will save you and them a tremendous amount of time.
- Take it seriously. Create a special phone number ($14 a month) and Email address JUST for advertising sales inquiries. Also create a media kit link on your website, that explains the advertising opportunity to potential advertisers, and gives them a contact us or sign up form.
- Respond to advertiser requests within 24 hours or 1 business day, so that you can get off on the right foot with your future potential ad revenue stream.
- Inkjet print custom envelopes with your list logo/name brand, and offer to send full page flyers to any advertiser that wants more info via snail mail or fax. Remember the law of 29: It takes 29 impressions of your advertising offer, before they will take action.
- When your ad revenue goes over $10K a month, hire a dedicated full time sales rep and train them along side of your selling with the goal of doubling your efforts, and so on.....
- Target potential advertisers. Send them snail mail. Follow up with a phone call or Email hello. Setup at least 4 times a year, where you send out so many hundreds or thousands of advertising offers to your potential ad clients. Use postcards to keep costs down.
Article Submitted On: September 17, 1998