Top 7 Rules For Email List Owners To Follow
By Brian Grulke
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
Here are seven crucial rules for email list owners to follow when dealing with their own lists as well as their list members.
- You should always respond to personal requests within 24 to 36 hours.
- You should never allow for spam or spam anybody else's list.
- You should always act courteously and communicate in a positive manner when dealing with your list members and other list's members. Be respectful in all instances of communication.
- You should always check the spelling and grammar of your list and the content therein.
- You should frequently provide maintenance and do check-ups to your list to make sure it is fully functional and easy to operate, including any automated prompts or messages it is responsible for sending out.
- Always promote your site as much as possible, whether it's on your own list(s) or not. Just make sure the promotion is on a list that is appropriate.
- When circumstances permit, reprimand list members who are out of line, but only in private. Always be professional.
Article Submitted On: January 12, 2000