Top 7 Reasons that Online Advertising Will Continue to Grow
By Lance Winslow
[ Print |
Email This |
Online Advertising is breaking new records each year and some critics say that this growth cannot last. However, most likely the increases will continue and accelerate by dollar spent over conventional advertising. The B2B Advertising Trade Journal projects continued steady growth and many analysts believe that growth will snowball. Google is counting on it, and they seem to be in the right place at the right time.
- Online Advertising just overtook Radio Advertising for the first time in history in 2008.
- Internet Video is beginning to seriously compete with TV news, and is even available on many portable phones now.
- The shelf life of newspaper is simply unable to compete with "always there" 24/7 Internet.
- Internet Advertising is much more dynamic, life like and entertaining than regular display ads.
- More and more people are getting their news online now and through online email news alerts.
- Newspapers have already lost most of their classified advertising to the Internet, eBay, Real Estate online MLS, and Craig's List.
- Newspapers Printing uses too many trees, and too much water in the printing process, neither of these resources can be wasted. Environmentally speaking this cannot go on.
Lance Winslow is a retired entrepreneur and is setting up the Lance Winslow Foundation, while running the Online Think Tank. http://www.worldthinktank.net
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Advertising Category:
Article Submitted On: February 19, 2008