Top 7 Reasons Why Your Business Life Is Off Track / How To Find Your Top 7 Business Values
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- The way you run your business, is directly linked to how you run your life. When your life is off purpose, your business will be too.
- Sometimes you have to STOP worrying about everything and just immerse yourself into "DOING." Get into action and let the details sort themselves out.
- Because of you. Blaming outside circumstances happens when we don't take FULL responsibility for our actions. Even though outside circumstances will throw your business around from time to time, ultimately, you have to be willing to take 100% responsibility for its ultimate direction and success or failure.
- Because you are relying on your employees to make all of the decisions. Bad move. Genuine leadership MUST come from the equity owners, and then be implemented from top down, as NO ONE will care about your business like you do, and when you find someone who does, pay them handsomely or let them buy in.
- Business is NOT a democratic process. If that works for you, great. But if it doesn't, start with being authoritarian until you get your outcome, then let your team decide how to improve that process while you quietly get out of their way.
- Failure to capitalize properly has killed plenty of my business endeavors. Don't start something without knowing what it will really cost to do it right UP FRONT.
- Failure to control your emotions and stay focused. While the same passionate, emotional energy helps your sales and makes you a super leader or sales machine, it's best to remember that the opposite of that energy can rip your business apart faster than you built it.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Vision Category:
Article Submitted On: May 08, 1998