Top 7 Months To Financial Freedom
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
- If you expect to get rich from your mind, then you must INVEST in your mind. Feed it with every book, magazine, audio tape, and information source on how to build wealth/financial freedom. If you can not afford to buy this information, try your local library or college as much of this is available at no charge for you.
- Look at your current 1 month earning history and past 7 months earning history. Assuming that the trend continues, how much will you earn over the next 7 months? Scary thought for most folks. This is your wake up call.
- Learn how to use a spreadsheet, such as Microsoft Excel or Lotus. Project how much you will need to live on, if you only spent the interest on the money you had already earned....How much would you need to have as a base of money? Write down this amount. Make it the focal piece of your goal. Break down with your spreadsheet how much you will need to earn each month to meet your goal.
- Realize that if you want to accomplish in 7 months what most folks don't do for their entire life, there will be sacrifices to make, folks who won't understand what and why you are doing what you are doing, sleep that will be missed, and you should feel uncomfortable as heck because you will and MUST do what you've never done before in order to harvest what you've never harvested before in such a short period of time. This is the most important Top7 point today.
- Ya need a plan. Without a plan, you dreams will remain your dreams, and not your reality. When writing your plan, denominate in VERY specific numbers your action steps and time line for implementation. Most people make their goals very vague. If you want to rise to the top in record time, you must have a plan, and work the plan. What is in the plan is second to your understanding that you must have it, develop it, and improve on it daily.
- In order to experience true financial freedom, you must be debt free. Get a list of all of your debts. Write them down. Post your debts on your wall near your office or home. Focus on being able to cross off each debt as you handle them. Over the last 10 years, I have found no faster way to destroying debt than this method, as it forces you to concentrate daily to handling this part of your life.
- Develop a certainty and enough reasons WHY you must attain your goal of financial freedom. Begin today to ACT as if you've already attained it. We're not talking about being arrogant and lazy here because you can be after you have financial freedom: no, we are talking about living each day ACTING like a person who has attained financial wealth and freedom. You must fake it till you make it, and one day you will wake up and realize that you have already made it, and no longer need to fake it.
Article Submitted On: September 24, 1998