Top 7 Getting to the Top of the Search Engine List with SEO
By S. ReevesMorris
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
There are hundreds of books and websites devoted to helping businesses get their web sites on the first page of the search engine's results page.
- There are hundreds of books and websites devoted to helping businesses get their web sites on the first page of the search engine’s results page. But what can you believe? When it comes to search engine optimization, Denver businesses know that it’s not about how much you know, but rather taking smaller steps that will generate almost immediate results. You don’t have to be the biggest web site on the internet to get to the top – here’s what you can do now.
- For starters, you should recognize the importance of being on the first page of a search engine result listing. While it’s true that some people will go to the second results page, this is generally not the case. When someone has typed in their search term and gotten results, they’re going to choose someone from the first page. So, if you’re not there, you’re not going to get higher traffic numbers. To increase your search engine optimization, Denver businesses should follow these three tips:
- Do your research – It is in your best interest to make sure that you’re researching your customers to see what kinds of keywords they use when they’re looking up their query. If you fail to do this, you’re not going to be using the best keywords to increase your rankings. Try to use various keyword finders as well as look at what keywords your competitors are using to get a list that’s going to work for you.
- Focus on one keyword for each page – While it may seem like a good idea to use as many related keywords as possible, focusing on just one per page is what will increase your search engine optimization. Denver businesses will often create a list of keywords and then give them to writers that will write out articles that focus on that keyword, repeating it once a paragraph or so. In doing this, the articles will be seen as relevant to the search engine and thus your site will be ranked higher.
- Make sure you have a lot of pages on your site – If you only have five pages of SEO articles on your website, that isn’t going to help your search engine optimization. Denver companies will often create over two hundred pages of related content for the site in order to create a site that’s both useful for customers as well as relevant to the search engine.
- As a corollary to the idea of adding a lot of pages, you will also want to make sure that you’re adding these pages over a long period of time. This will work to increase your ranking slowly so that you’re not overwhelmed by traffic counts. For smaller businesses, this is the best strategy.
- By taking the time to improve your search engine optimization, Denver businesses (as well as other cities) can make sure that they’re not being ‘left behind’ on the second page of search engine results. Even taking the time to follow these three tips will help guarantee that you’re not going to be stuck with low traffic counts.
This article was written by Steve Morris. Mr. Morris runs New Media, a Colorado web design Company located in downtown Denver, Colorado (http://www.NewMediaDenver.com). Mr. Morris is a highly respected Denver Search Engine Optimization specialist, and he constantly develops and stays current with all the latest SEO and Link Building Techniques.
Article Submitted On: June 06, 2007