HOME::Self-Help / Self-Improvement
Top 7 Age Defying Beauty Secrets
By Eileen Hammel
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
Now with today’s scientific breakthroughs and discoveries you can defy the signs of aging and look great at any age. Whether you want to correct years of sun damage or you want to prevent wrinkles before they start these seven age defying techniques will give you the ability to stop the aging process dead in it’s tracks, protect and repair your skin and promote younger healthier skin.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight – Research indicates that about 90% of skin changes that begin in your 30’s and 40’s stem directly from the cumulative effects of exposure to the sun’s UV radiation. Prolong exposure to the sun at any age can increase your risk of skin cancer. To protect your skin from sun damage , avoid prolong exposure to the sun between 10 a.m. and 3p.m. when UV rays are the strongest , apply a sunscreen with a SPF 30 or above on all expose skin 20 minutes before going outdoors even if it is a overcast day. UV rays can penetrate clouds and harm unprotected skin.
- Don’t Smoke – Smoking ages the appearance of your skin and cause premature wrinkles. The chemicals inhaled from cigarette smoke constrict tiny blood vessels in the skin, reducing the oxygen and nutrient supply to delicate facial tissues. Blood vessel constriction lasts at least an hour after a cigarette has been extinguished.
- Nourish Your Skin From The Inside – Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Eat a balance healthy diet. Take antioxidants and vitamins such as green tea, soy, vitamins A, B, C and E all of which are excellent for creating healthy younger skin.
- Be Smart About Your Skin Care Products – There truly are amazing skin care products on the market today that can defy the signs of aging, repair and protect your skin. However not all skin care products are created equally. Did you know that a vitamin C product that contains concentrations of less then 5 % is ineffective, or that a topical product that contains collagen won’t increase the collagen in your skin because it’s molecules are simply too large to penetrate the skin. To receive the full benefits of today’s technology and breakthroughs it is essential to become a smart consumer and reach the best products and the most beneficial ingredients that are available.
- Don’t Over Exfoliate – Exfoliation is one of the best renewal processes for your skin. It helps to shed the top layer of dead skin cells, unclog pores, makes skin more receptive to moisturizer and improves the look and feel of your skin. However dermatologists’ caution that the over use of exfoliating products can leave the skin dry, red, irritated and more vulnerable to sun damage. You should not use exfoliating products such as AHA products, micro-dermabrasion treatments or facial scrubs more then twice a week.
- Before Going To Bed Use An Antioxidant & Vitamin Enriched Moisturizer – Research has confirmed that our skin’s ability to absorb active ingredients from skin care products is greatest at night. This makes bed time the best time to topical nourish your skin with antioxidants and vitamins.
- Use Cosmetics Fortified With Vitamins & Antioxidants – Cosmetics formulated with vitamins and antioxidants have been found to have therapeutic benefits for your skin and to aid in the promotion healthier skin.
Eileen Hammel is a Nationally & Internationally Recognized Image, Style and Beauty Expert Ms.Hammel is President of Smarter Image, Smart Skin Care-Smart Cosmetics by Smarter Image and Smart Grooming By Smarter Image. http://www.smartskincaresmartcosmetics.com/
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Self-Help Category:
Article Submitted On: March 01, 2006