Top 7 Steps to Achieving Small Business Success
By Robert Moment
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
The key to achieving small business success is to take the time to develop a winning formula built on proven strategies and innovative marketing principles.
This formula will be the foundation that supports the rest of your actions, strategies and tactics. A successful foundation will incorporate both your mindset, and specific goals designed to help you achieve your massive goal of creating a successful business.
Here are seven steps you can take to turn your small business into a successful, vibrant and profitable organization:
- Believe in Yourself- Refuse to place limitations on yourself or your goals. A positive attitude and strong self confidence are prime characteristics of a successful entrepreneur, and will be strong indicators of how effective you will be with your small business. Psychologist-philosopher William James said, ďThe greatest discovery of my generation is that people can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.Ē
- Set Goals- Goal-setting is one of the most critical processes in this endeavor. Developing relationships and building a network of friends and colleagues will be invaluable in both your personal and professional lives. Itís been said that a goal is a ďdream with a deadline.Ē Goals must be written, personalized, specific, achievable, measurable and time-sensitive. Take some time to think about your goals and list at least five that you want to accomplish. The action of setting goals is the first step toward accomplishing your dreams and will help you gain direction, clarity and vision.
- Create a Plan- Your attitude determines you altitude. In other words, your mind more than anything else determines how much success you will achieve in your life. Having a positive mental attitude is the first step on that journey. Achieving personal success is a choice and it all starts with taking the time to map out a plan that puts a framework for success around your goals.
- Take Action- Decide what it takes to get what you want out of life, and do it! To achieve success takes real commitment and effort, but it also takes an action plan to guide the efforts of everyone involved. This step is essential to a successful journey. Youíve already identified your goals and established a plan, now it is up to you to take action to ensure you succeed!
- Continuous Learning- Whatever you do, donít ever stop learning! Continually learning something new is the essence of being engaged, challenged and effective. Keep stretching and improving your self by acquiring knowledge for personal growth and development.
- Giving- Develop a spirit of giving. You canít receive what you are not willing to give. Volunteer your time and service. Be a mentor. Everyone has life experiences that would benefit another. What talents, knowledge, skills, and personal characteristics do you have that could add value to the lives of those around you? What experience could you share with your family, friends, and colleagues? What do you value in a relationship and how do you reciprocate? True success lies in helping others succeed.
- Attitude of Gratitude- Say thank you every day. It should be a part of your daily living. Donít take life for granted, express your appreciation to others and it will always be rewarded. Thankfulness is like a boomerang, it always comes back to you.
Robert Moment is an innovative small business coach and author of Invisible Profits: The Power of Exceptional Customer. Robert specializes in teaching small business owners actionable how to marketing ideas and strategies that generate profitable results. Visit [http://www.smallbusinessmarketingideasstrategies.com] and sign-up for the FREE Small Business Marketing Plan.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Success-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: December 26, 2007