Top 7 Great Tips for Consistent Goal Success
By Leanne Hoagland Smith
[ Print |
Email This |
During the last several years, I have informally surveyed many small businesses, executives, entrepreneurs and learned that everyone wants success. Yet, if this is true, then why isn’t there more success? Possibly, the answer to this question lies within the process of goal setting, goal planning and goal achievement. Using the following 7 great tips may help you to consistently achieve more goals and increase your dream for incredible success.
- Goals must be written. Committing a goal to writing creates permanence not found in just having a mental thought or dream. Written goals have greater clarity and provide for a more detailed focus.
- Goals require criteria. Much like the favorite receipt of Aunt Emma, a goal also requires specific ingredients that are always used to ensure consistent, high quality results. The S.M.A.R.T criteria are one such example.
- Goals must be stated positively. For example, writing a goal that begins “I will not gain 10 pounds” has just the reverse affect on the brain. The brain due to negative conditioning tunes out the not and hears “I will gain 10 pounds.” A better written goal would be I will maintain my current weight.
- Goals should be an emotional buy in. The why for achieving the goal needs to be answered. This response should include both the rewards and consequences specific to achieving or not achieving the goal.
- Goals should include positive affirmation or what I call belief statements. These positive self-talk statements help to continue a strong mental image for achieving the goal.
- Goal should identify all the potential obstacles, challenges or problems that need to be overcomed to achieve the goal. By taking the time to think about all the potential reasons for not being successful.
- Finally, goals should be yours. We achieve those goals that are most important to us because we created them. Achieving goals for others does not deliver the same emotional high than when we truly own the goals.
Leanne helps individuals, small businesses and large organizations to double performance in real time. Click here [http://www.processspecialist.com/od.htm/] to learn the Secret of Success and sign up for a free monthly newsletter. Please feel free to contact Leanne at 219.759.5601. If you truly don't believe doubling your results is possible, read some case studies [http://www.processspecialist.com/press.htm] where individuals and businesses took the risk and experienced unheard of results.
One quick question, if you could consistently achieve your goals, what would that mean to you? Then, take a risk and give a call at 219.759.5601 to experience incredible results.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Goal-Setting Category:
Article Submitted On: February 27, 2006