Business Growth: Top 7 Ways to Grow a Satisfying Business
By Leni Chauvin
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
A business that is all-consuming and zaps you of every ounce of energy leaves you with nothing else in your life, including satisfaction. Satisfied people build satisfying businesses.
Incorporate the tips below into your life and you will surely build a satisfying business.
- Know what all your personal needs are outside of your business and make sure they're met. It sounds simple, but so often we get caught up in trying to stay one step ahead of the bill collector that we forget to take inventory of the things that are dear to us and that make us tick. It is very easy for many to lose themselves in the process of building their business. Don't let that happen to you.
- Have a vision. Explore what it is that is calling you. What do you feel compelled to create? What is it that you long to do? What are you passionate about? What imprint do you want to leave on this earth?
Don't be afraid to dream your dreams for that is the first step
towards making them come true.
- Be specific. Picture EXACTLY what you want to create. Ask and answer as many questions as you can so your vision becomes more and more clear.
It doesn't matter if it's in words or pictures, but get your thoughts on paper. That's the first step towards making your vision tangible.
- Create 10 year, five-year, one-year and six month goals.
Look at what you want to create and by when. Then figure
out what the missing links are that will take you from where
you are today to where you want to be at specified times in
the future. Create goals for obtaining what is missing
- Know what steps you need to take to achieve the goals you've set for yourself. That means you'll want to implement a Plan of Action. Knowing what you want to create is great. Knowing *how* you're actually going to
do it is far better and will take you a lot closer to what you want.
- Work with an accountability partner.
For many, that will be a professionally trained coach who will help you define what you want to accomplish and who will help you chunk down your vision into manageable bite-sized pieces. The coach will help you avoid "overwhelm" and "burnout" and will hold you accountable for doing what
you said you were going to do when you said you were going to do it.
- Build a network of supportive and committed individuals who will encourage you, advise you, and challenge you to go even further than you ever imagined you could. Be to them all that they are to you.
Leni Chauvin is "The Client Attraction Coach(tm)." She has been helping ordinary people build and market extraordinary businesses since 1993. The strategies in her Attract Clients Galore System(tm) have helped thousands
of solo professionals get more (and better) clients without havingto spend a fortune to do it. Subscribe to Leni's newsletter for tips to help YOU grow YOUR business. http://www.SuperstarNetworking.com
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: January 17, 2005