Editorial Guidelines For Submitting To Top7Business.com
Skip directly to the following sections:
| Printable Version | Content | Format | Affiliate Programs |
These editorial guidelines are designed to help you understand what we accept and don't accept for inclusion in our website. Before you submit to our site, please read this page first. :-)
Top7Business.com Article Submission Rule #1:
Top7Business.com ONLY accepts articles that fit our unique format of: (1) introduction paragraph followed by (7) specific tips or strategies and closed by your author resource box.
Top7Business.com Article Submission Rule #2:
Top7Business.com ONLY accepts articles that have a headline title that begins with "Top 7" and is followed by the rest of the title of your article. Example: Top 7 Strategies To Grow Your Business
If you ignore Rule #1 or #2, your article will not be accepted.
NOTE: Top7Business and Top7Self-Help focus only on business and self-help topics and as such, we currently only accept articles from these two niches. Within the "BUSINESS" niche, we do not accept "Work At Home" or "Home Business" articles. Sorry.
Top7Business.com Editorial Guidelines: (CONTENT) [Top]
Your Article SHOULD:
- Be submitted directly from the original author of your article. If you work for an author as an employee or contractor and are submitting the article, please submit the article as if it was from the original author including his or her email address and name.
- Article should be informative and share your unique expertise.
- Your article may contain a brief 1-5 sentence biography about yourself in the resource box. You can also include one link to a website.
- Use proper English, spelling and grammar rules. While we know there is a variation in what is considered "proper English," we ask that you at least be consistent within your article.
- Be proofed and double checked for accuracy (including testing your links if any are included).
- Be between a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 1,000 words in length.
Your Article SHOULD NOT:
Top7Business.com Editorial Guidelines: (FORMAT)
- Be a press release, advertisment only, or be promotional copy only.
- Be an article that is ripped off from the public domain or bought as we only allow original articles written by the authors who are listed under the title of each article in our directory.
- Be porn, hate, violence oriented or have insulting, obscene or degrading tone.
- Include content that is a violation of any law, be considered defamatory or libelous.
- Be filled with self-promotion and hype.
- Have more than 1 link in the body, if any at all. You get your chance to get a link in the resource box at the bottom of the article.
- TITLE: Your title must start with the words "Top 7" and then followed by the rest of your headline. Example: "Top 7 Strategies To Grow Your Sales"
TITLE KEYWORDS: Your title should be "Keyword Rich." That means you only get but a fraction of a second to impress a potential reader and the better a reader can understand what your article will offer them based on the TITLE alone, the higher your chances of increasing clicks to your website (if included in the resource box at the end of the article).
- Your title should be in in upper and lower case letters with the first letter of each word being capitalized.
- If you submit in all CAPS, we will change to "Upper and Lower Caps."
- It is ok to not capitalize common words such as "a" - "the" - "to" - "for" etc...unless you want to. We accept these either way.
- It is not ok to add HTML tags in your SUBJECT/TITLE line. We will remove them.
YOUR FULL NAME: You must include your first and last name as the author of the article. We do not publish company names as the "author" of an article because companies don't write articles. You may not include your title after your name unless you hold a doctorate-level degree (Dr., MD, DDS, PhD, etc.) Your first and last name must begin with a capital letter.
NO HARD LINE BREAKS: Please do not submit articles with HARD LINE BREAKS. When you submit articles that do not have hard line breaks, our software will allow the article to scroll to the width of the surfers screen.
BODY: If you include "quotes" or apostrophe's in your article, please make sure they are standard characters and not special characters. If you include the wrong ones, we will replace them with the right ones.
PUNCTUATION RULES: One or two spaces after each period, colon or semi-colon; Periods should be inside of quotes; When doing "..." -- you should only use 3 dots minimum and maximum; When using dashes always use two in a row, ex: "--";
COPYRIGHT: Your copyright information (if you choose to include it) must be at the bottom of the body of your article -- not the top. If you put it on the top, we will move it to the bottom.
LINKS: Please double check your links before submitting. You can use HTML code to make your link work. If you don't link up your URL we will assume that you only wanted it displayed, but not linked up. Please do not include break tags or font attributes in your links.
EMAIL LINKS: We recommend including a link to your website but do not advocate including a mailto: or email link to your personal or work email account. Spammers will abuse it. Better to just include a website URL and let potential customers find your email address on your website.
ADDING KEYWORDS: Adding the top keywords related to your article helps us to bring more traffic to your article. Please make sure you put a comma between each keyword. Ideally, your keywords should be optimized based on the most commonly searched keywords as published by Overture.com for your particular niche.
Top7Business.com Editorial Guidelines: (AFFILIATE PROGRAMS)
We do not accept any articles that have any affiliate links in them.
--->Click Here to Submit Your Articles.
Want To Read More Expert Business Articles Like This?
Join The Free Top7Business Email Alert Today:
© 1998 - Top7Business.com. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Reproduction without permission prohibited.