Top 7 Rules of Time ManagementBy Michael Niles
[ Print | Email This | Bookmark ]
There are the golden rules that apply to time. If followed, your life will be successful. If you ignore these, however, you will always be scratching to catch up. Do not be one of the people you always here say "I don't know where the time went, it just flew by!". You can design your future, much like an architect designs a building. Start small, and work your way to the big things. Prioritize events and meetings in advance and stick to it. Things will always come up, so be vigilant, you will catch yourself doing un-productive things. The more you are "tuned in" to these events , the more you can do about it!
- Time is fleeting. Think about it...the moment you started reading this is gone, never to be regained. It seems we get so caught up in petty circumstances that we forget what we set out to do, and before you know it, the day is gone!
- Time is valuable. You always have time to make money; but you can never have enough money to make time!
- Time is unforgiving. The amazing thing about your time; even through no fault of your own, even "wasted" time will never stand still.
- Time is money. You must be constantly asking yourself,"Am I doing the most productive thing I can be doing right now?". Watch out for those "wasted" moments we were talking about earlier.
- Time is changing. We all must constantly renew our minds, and let the past be just that...the past! It can't help you now, aside from the learning experience, don't dwell on it.
- Time is the ultimate judge. We have all heard "time will tell!". Well, there is some truth to that, as the future has a way of finding any flaw in the plan. Pre-planning will save massive amounts of your precious commodity called time.
- Time is in your control. We can all be more in control of our day and how we spend it. Today should have been planned out yesterday, and tomorrow should be thought about today.
Michael Niles is a Seattle-based Sales Trainer and speaker. He can be reached at 206-229-3119, or www.focussalestraining.com
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Time-Mastery Category:
Article Submitted On: October 26, 2004