Top 7 Ways To Use EMail To Build Your Business
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Create your own Email Ezine or newsletter. You can do this in as little as an hour per month, and for as low as almost free, cost wise.
- Autoresponders. Think of these as your Email equivalent of a "fax-back" service. They can give frequently asked questions or order forms, and save your staff hundreds of $$$$.
- Send out targeted Email invitations to do business with folks who you've personally researched one by one, and would like to invite them to do business with you. We're not talking blatant unresponsible spam here, but rather the message is: "I've taken the time to find out who you are, and think I could benefit you, and would like to know if you are interested."
Setup the basics: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Make sure you have a catch all, so that if anyone sends an email to your business domain, and they misspell it, it still goes through to your general email box. This is possible.
- Make ONE person accountable for each email address, and remember that <24 hour turn around is the MINIMUM expected turn around for answers to your incoming email requests.
- A few more low cost lists, most of which can be started for about $49 a month, that you might want to consider:
- Setup your own PR Press Release announcement list.
- Setup your own Investors-Relations announcement list.
- Setup your own NEW-PRODUCT announcement list.
- Setup a Email discussion list for your resellers.
- Setup a MODERATED Email discussion list for your customers.
Article Submitted On: April 03, 1998