Top 7 Ways To Turn Around Any Business That Is Failing
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- IDENTIFY which product/service is your most profitable, regardless of what your core business is or what you thought it was.
- Eliminate middle management, if you haven't done it already. (my apologies to the middle managers on this list) ohhh, yeah, fire any Sales Manager who has forgotten how to sell.
- When the going gets tough, that is the BEST time to kick UP your marketing campaigns and pushes, as you need its results more than any other time. If you don't, you'll be advertising your business anyway soon....in the "Biz 4-sale" column.
- EXPENSE CONTROL: Ask yourself this question: "Which expense are NOT contributing to our profitability or our customers delight?"
- NARROW YOUR FOCUS: This was my biggest mistake in 1997. Wide focus = No focus. You must narrow it and narrow it, and narrow your focus, until all that you are doing, is that which niche you CAN be #1 in your marketplace.
- EXPECT TO WIN: Start your day with a 'knowing' that no matter what happens, you always succeed, because that is just the kind of person you are. Failure is only part of the game, but quittingis serious defeat.
- Whip out your guerilla marketing books, and when all else fails, and speaking from a lot of failure myself, I can tell you that MASSIVE INTELLIGENT ACTION directed towards driving sales UP can usually solve 90% of whatever went wrong in your business.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Leadership Category:
Article Submitted On: April 01, 1998