HOME::Career & Employment
Top 7 Ways To Show Your Appreciation To An Employee
By Chris Widener
[ Print |
Email This |
- Treat them with equality as people. They are only employees in regard to their role at work.
- Find out what they enjoy outside of work and reward them with something that fulfills that joy. If they like the theater, get them tickets.
- Give them an unexpected raise.
- Tell them verbally how much you appreciate them. Be specific as in "I really think you did a great job with the Jones account."
- Tell someone else how much you appreciate that person, while that person is in the room. "Bob, I want you to know what a great job Mike did at the presentation yesterday."
- Show up at 9 am and tell them you are giving them the day off. And give them fifty bucks to spend.
- Ask them what greater responsibility they would like to try. Then let them try it.
Chris Widener is the President of American Community Business Network, a weekly newsletter for businesses. We are looking for people who would like to join our team and make money distributing our newsletter in their town.
Chris can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article Submitted On: August 05, 1998