Top 7 Ways To Model Someone Or Any Business Strategy
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Model does not mean COPY. It means look, study, adapt, add, change your current ways, but it does not mean you should do BLATANT copying of someone elses strategy.
- Ask them about their beliefs. If you model their actions without understanding WHY they do it, you only have half of the clue.
- Sometimes modelling just a SMALL piece of someone elses idea is all that is needed to take your product to a new level.
- Don't be afraid to ASK the person you want to model, what made them or their process successful.
- Ask yourself this question: "Who specifically has already gotten the end outcome that you also seek?" Find that person and make contact.
- From Experience: Don't model someone too well. You might find out that their way has problems that you will be adding to your enterprise without knowing it.
- Lastly, don't be ignorant and be continually re-inventing the wheel. It's not only cool, but very acceptable to invent new products or services as variations of MANY sources. My point: don't limit yourself to just one person or company to model.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Innovation Category:
Article Submitted On: May 27, 1998