Top 7 Ways To Invent Something New In Your Field
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Create a new Buzz word. Can't Love them, Can't Hate them. Make one up today, and write a book about it. You're welcome to be silly about it, because everyone else who created some of todays greatest buzz words were and are pretty crazy people. :)
- The something "new" could be a new process, a better way to do something. Trick: Borrow something from an unrelated field, and see if it can be integrated into your field.
- Earlier this week, remember that if you can't be number one in your niche, invent a new one. How to do that? Find out your customers top 7 pains when dealing with your product, and answer one of those in a new way = new niche that you are now the leader in.
- Out of your own frustration with something wrong with your product, company, customers, employees, is sometimes the best motivator to develop a new spin or new product.
- What if you could invent a new CASH flow? If you did, what would it look like? All business problems can be solved by increasing sales, and this might be the fun one to do.
- Something new for you, might be something old for someone else. My point: MODEL someone who has already achieved what you want to do, to save an enormous amount of time and resources.
- Get Excited. Most firms are led by leaders and employees who are SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL. If you even give the perception that you are innovating monthly, you will lead your field in less than a year. Today's buzz phrase: Perceived Innovation = Value Delivered. (but eventually, you MUST deliver the innovation, or your term will expire shortly.)does not mean COPY. It means look, study, adapt, add, change your current ways, but it does not mean you should do BLATANT copying of someone elses strategy.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Innovation Category:
Article Submitted On: May 15, 1998