Top 7 Ways To Build A Brand Called You
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- First step is to realize that YOU are a "Brand Name" whether you like it or not. Recognizing this is the first step.
- Is your name easily remembered? A brand must be EASY for anyone to remember its name. If your name is not easy to remember, you might want to consider legally changing it.... I did.
- Next, register your brand name's DOMAIN name, in either of these formats: firstnamelastname.com or firstname-lastname.com
- Have a logo created or make one yourself, for your name. Remember to keep it simple.
- Recognize that you are more than who you work for at any given point. You should have business cards created with your name and your personal logo on it.
- Choose a theme or focus for your life. Build a USP (unique selling proposition) or a statement which narrowly defines what value you bring or deliver to other humans on Earth. For example, this is one of my themes, but it is not my USP:
Christopher Knight is a Multi-Million Dollar Business Builder & Email/Web/Internet Strategist.
Here is an example of one of my USP's for the Christopher M. Knight brand name:
Do you know how there are hundreds of thousands of self help books written by folks who have never implemented even 50% of what they speak of in their books? The information I share, is based on thousands of my failures and real life experience in my quest to build multiple multi-million dollar businesses in the high technology/ Internet industry, which makes me uniquely qualified to help others do the same, in less time
- BE CONSISTENT. Your public messages must be consistent, and each must build on your end goals for how you want your defined public to perceive you. Also, remember that anything you say in a Email forum on the Internet, is archived for life somewhere. I've got more of these, that I'll share in an upcoming issue, as building your personal brand identity is SO important to your success on this increasingly competitive Earth planet we live on. :-)
PS: If you've built a personal brand name, I'd like to hear about it, and share with others your story. Pass it on....
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: April 06, 1998