Top 7 Ways That Business Is Just Like Racquetball
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- You need a few kill shots to keep the business alive, if you intend to succeed. Kill shots are your best and biggest deals, that slam dunk your profit and sales goals for the month or quarter.
- If you can't play three games in a row without heart failure or exhaustion, it's time to increase daily anaerobic activities, both in business and out. How fast is your heart pumping?
- You only make a point when you serve, meaning you must step up to the plate and take a swing at success.
- Each game starts with a handshake with your opponent/competitor, but the object is to quietly kill him and win the game before he/she knows what hit him/her. The lesson: Respect for competitors, but keep on sharpening your skills to ensure you will kick their butt.
- If you keep playing in the C league and you keep winning....are you really winning? hint: Knock yourself up to the B or A league, and get some new doses of reality on your skills. The business analogy: If you are making $40K a year, and that is easy, why not risk it a bit and try to double that by taking on the next level of challenge?
- It's not the games you win, that teaches you all of the lessons.
- Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. - Analogy: Profit isn't everything, having a profit in the end is the only thing that counts or as my good friend says it: "All that matters is positive net gain in your equity" - and that already assumes you are doing it with integrity, honesty, etc.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Success-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: September 03, 1998