Top 7 Ways GPS Can Save You Time, Money, Your Mind, and Even Your Life
By Simon Wyryzowski
[ Print |
Email This |
GPS or Global Positioning Systems is not just for nerds, but for anyone who values the following: saving time/money, peace of mind, and the well-being of their loved ones as well as themselves. Here are 7 ways GPS can do just that and more.
- Have a personal trainer at a fraction of the cost! Devices such as the Garmin Forerunner GPS provides a way to keep track of the time, speed, distance, and pace information for athletic activities. It also provides a way to measure the amount of calories burned based on a variety of customizable personal options and factors.
- Save on Gas, brake wear, etc on your car as you drive more efficiently.
- Find where you want to go faster: important business meetings, life events, but also to save your own time so you can use the balance to be with your loved ones.
- Gain peace of mind knowing where your children are, whether your elderly parents have wandered off, or when and where your family pet has wandered off your premises.
- Save money on your car insurance. Some auto insurance providers, in return for allowing them to implement GPS tracking devices on your car, can help you reduce your premiums.
- Run a more efficient business with time tracking of employees and prevent lost company time and money.
- And the most important reason is that GPS can help save your life from reckless driving, etc. Such as providing voice prompts when you are approaching your specific destination, warnings that you are going over the speed limit, advanced notice of potential accident blackspots, etc.
Simon Wyryzowski is amazed at all that GPS has to offer. To share in his amazement you may follow up with his blog at http://www.gpszoom.com/blog and his thoughts on GPS tracking services for people, vehicles, and pets at http://www.gpszoom.com/
Article Submitted On: October 18, 2005