Top 7 Tips to Grow Your Business
By Paulette Ensign
[ Print |
Email This |
- Create an informational tips booklet as a marketing tool, a new source of revenue, or both. Do this by using information you have given your clients year after year in other formats.
- Write out those 'sound bites' you are forever telling your clients and audiences. Once you write them out, organize the tips into the most likely categories for your specialty.
- Consider the different formats that manuscript could become. You can print it as a booklet, record it as an audio or video tape, develop it into daily reminder cards, use a tip per day on a calendar, just to name a few of the many possiblities.
- Map out how you want to distribute each of the products you chose from the above list. Some will be through publicity excerpts in print publications. Others will be sold direct in large quantity. You may even license reprint rights for very large quantities.
- Notice how the products balance out the service side of your business. Products can be a good match for a client's budget when they cannot afford or are not ready to purchase your consulting or speaking services.
- Plan to introduce at least one or two new informational products a year to expand your business. That allows you to stay in touch with your prospects, clients and former clients each time you launch a new product, all while growing your business.
- Recycle your knowledge to nurture your clients and to nurture your own business development. Use those resources you already have for everyone's benefit.
Paulette Ensign is president of San Diego, CA-based Tips Products International...a division of Organizing Solutions, Inc.
Ask about the array of products and services to support successful tip-writing and marketing. 619-481-0890 or
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Vision Category:
Article Submitted On: June 20, 1998