Top 7 Tips To Have More Fun In Your Life
By Marc de Bruin
[ Print |
Email This |
Here is a question for you: when was the last time you played? Seriously (that is a bit of a paradox already!), when was the last time you really (I mean REALLY) had fun doing something? If you are like many of the earth’s population, the answer is probably “quite a while ago, to be honest….” Well, here are a couple of tips to get the fun back into your life, and enjoy it even better.
- Find out where you are hanging on to seriousness. Where is your life governed by doubt, worry, anxiety, fear of the future, etc. Where have you suppressed playfulness in favour of gloom? Be honest with yourself!
- Define for yourself what “playing” and "fun" mean to you. I may have a completely different definition of the word than you, and therefore my “playing” will be different to yours! What would you do if you decided to play? Go to a musical, play chasings with your partner, go to a footy game, play hide-and-seek with your kids, buy a super-soaker and squirt cars in the street, etc.?
- Find examples in your surroundings of people that “play” and have fun the way you would like to. What are they doing? How often do they do that? What sort of people are they? What can you learn from them?
- Take life a little less serious. We all tend to regard life as this immense task we have to go through, in which there is no time anymore for playfulness. Just go ahead and smile at some of the things we do, laugh at yourself a little. It will make you feel better!
- Enrol a couple of friends in your activities. Fun is even more fun when done in a group. Moreover, you can make a difference in people's live by engaging them in your playful outbursts!
- Watch at least one funny movie per week, listen to a one-man show, read a comic, listen to someone telling jokes, go to a funny show in the theatre, or look up funny sites on the internet. Anything that will make you laugh is very therapeutic.
- Take even more action!! Find at least two occasions in the week in which you can play out full. Go past your own boundaries, act a little crazy, do things you never have done before, make a fool of yourself, and laugh out loud! If that is too much, do something that is less “out there”, but still is a stretch in your model of the world, and then do a little more the next week.
Marc is a certified life/business coach and master NLP Practitioner on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia. He specialises in coaching people at critical junctions in their careers and/or lives, in order for them to find out what has been hindering them all along in achieving what they want, and to then make the conscious choice to take their lives and/or careers to the next level. Having been a lawyer for nearly 6 years in his previous life, before immigrating to Australia from The Netherlands, Marc knows exactly how daunting taking the first step in a new direction can be. On the other hand, he also knows how fulfilling taking that step is, and has the knack of imparting his knowledge and wisdom in a stunningly simple and highly effective way. Visit his site on http://www.landmarc.info.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Motivation Category:
Article Submitted On: March 27, 2006