HOME::Self-Help / Self-Improvement
Top 7 Tips On Managing The Anxieties Of Being A Leader
By Stan Popovich
[ Print |
Email This |
Sometimes, fear and anxiety can overwhelm us when we have to be a leader. Being a leader requires the ability to lead people in doing a certain task. This can sometimes be a little scary. As a result, here are 7 ways in how to reduce the fear and anxiety of being a leader.
- The first thing a person must understand is that you need to know what the task that needs to be accomplished. Knowing what you must do is important and can save you a lot of time and stress.
- Develop a plan on how to accomplish the task. Get a piece a paper and write down the steps that your team needs to accomplish in order to accomplish the goal. This will save you a lot of time in the long run and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Communicate with your team members on a regular basis. It is important that everyone on the team is on the same wavelength.
- Prepare for unexpected surprises. Sometimes things happened that might take everyone by surprise. Be flexible and when expected things happen learn to deal with them immediately.
- Do what you can today. Do not put things off when you can do them today. As a leader, it is important to have your team members do what they can during the day. Donít have them assume that they can do it next week.
- Take a deep breath to help relax in making your decisions. If you still feel stressed, then get some fresh air or do something fun to help relax. You will feel better and gain a fresh perspective on your current situation. This will make it easier to make the right decision.
- Take advantage of the help that is available around you. If possible, talk to a professional who can help you manage your fears and anxieties. They will be able to provide you with additional advice and insights on how to deal with your current problem.
Stan Popovich is the author of http://www.managingfear.com
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Self-Help Category:
Article Submitted On: January 03, 2013