Top 7 Tips For Writing A Profit-Producing Ad
By Larry Dotson
[ Print |
Email This |
- You can get ad copy ideas by studying a similar product's advertising material. Collect its sales letters, classified ads, Web ads, email ads, etc.
- Know exactly what you want your ad copy to accomplish. It could be to qualify prospects, make sales, generate leads, attract Web traffic, etc.
- Make a complete list of your product's benefits and features. Begin your ad with the most important benefit, either in your headline or first sentence.
- Make your ad benefits as specific as possible. Include exact numbers, percentages, times, colors, smells, sounds, descriptive adjectives, etc.
- List all the ways your product is different from your competition's. Include all the differences in your ad copy that are better than their product.
- Use graphics, pictures and drawings of people actually using your product to solve their problem. Include a picture that also shows the results.
- Make a list of your target audience. Write down what reasons would attract them to purchase your product. Include those reasons in your ad copy.
40,000 FREE e-Books And Web Books when you visit [http://www.ldpublishing.com] . As a bonus, Bob Osgoodby publishes the free weekly "Your Business" Newsletter. Visit his Web site to subscribe and place a FREE Ad! http://adv-marketing.com/business
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: September 05, 2000