Top 7 Tips For Staying Cool Under Pressure
By Phillip Mckenzie
[ Print |
Email This |
Have you ever experienced a time where you ended up in a bind? What did you do when your presentation tools malfunctioned, when the website you directed prospects to went down? Did you panic? Did you choke? Well, that is natural, since you were not prepared. It has always affected a lot of people involved in selling, like those in the IT telemarketing business. This is one reason why prospects do not become sales leads. If you are not prepared, you simply do not sound convincing enough for them to do business with you. Indeed, this can seriously impact your IT appointment setting business. But you can always surpass this challenge. You just need to follow a few tips:
- Practice the basics well – when you know what you are talking about, it is almost impossible for you to be left with nothing to say. You just need to practice and practice until the facts become second nature to you.
- Rework what you practiced – after getting all the details you need to remember down pat in your mind, it is now time to work around the facts. Jumble the arrangement, know them inside out. It is useful when prospects in your IT telemarketing campaign disrupt your pacing.
- Think of ‘what if?’ scenarios – people who succeed in garnering IT leads are those who are able to anticipate every problem or rejection that they might encounter in the course of their work. You should do the same, too. So that you will not be caught in surprise if something goes wrong.
- Learn to visualize – imagine how things might go in your IT telemarketing call. This can help you mentally prepare in case something goes wrong. Not only that, it can help you calm down (not to mention avoiding the need to have an actual event happen). Be imaginative in the scenarios.
- Employ solution shelves – in case something goes wrong in your work in getting IT consulting leads, it will be good to have a solution already in place. Think of the ‘what if?’ scenarios, create the right solution, so that you will not have to think so much when it actually happens.
- Study the close calls – when a close call happens, think of it as a great windfall in learning. Remember, these are the times where you made a mistake, but the prospect did not notice. Learn from these lessons so that you will not make a mistake the next time.
- Repeat everywhere you go – this takes only a few times to practice, but mind you, it will take years to perfect. The nice thing about this is that you can use it in all your public engagements. Doing it all the time will help you get better, and this can help you with your need to get more sales leads for your company.
Yes, no matter what trouble comes up, as long as you are prepared, getting IT leads will be a real breeze. It pretty much makes you a more effective businessman.
Phillip Mckenzie is a successful lead generation and appointment setting consultant specializing in IT Telemarketing. To know more about IT Telemarketing, Phillip recommends you to visit http://www.it-sales-leads.com
Article Submitted On: June 27, 2012