Top 7 Tips For Finding Time For Exercise
By Greg Landry
[ Print |
Email This |
If you're like most people, finding time for exercise is difficult. Here are my "Top 7" tips to help you in that quest.
- Make exercise a priority. We all make time in our lives for the things that are most important to us. If I told you I'd give you a million dollars if you exercised every day for the next 30 days, would you do it? Sure you would, because it would suddenly become a priority. If you're serious about finding time for exercise, then it must be a priority in your life.
- Block out the same time period everyday for exercise. This way it becomes part of your daily routine just like brushing your teeth. Vehemently guard this time period. It is your time to take care of yourself.
Exercise first thing in the morning. This is when your exercise time is least likely to get interrupted by other things. Read my "Top 10 Reasons to Exercise in the Morning" article -- Morning@Landry.com
- Turn off the television. The average adult spends 16 hours per week watching television. One of my clients told me that she resolved to only watch television while she was exercising. You may not be interested in taking it that far but you can certainly cut out a few hours of television a week to make time for exercise.
- Go to sleep a little earlier and wake up a little earlier. Spend that time exercising.
- Visit with your spouse or friend while walking around the neighborhood rather than sitting on the couch.
- Make your exercise as enjoyable as possible. You will be much more likely to find time for things you enjoy.
Today's Top7Business article was submitted by Greg Landry.
Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, offers free weight loss and fitness articles and newsletters at his site... http://www.Landry.com
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Time-Mastery Category:
Article Submitted On: August 11, 2000